HybridZ

Transverse Bushing Pics

That is exactly why I didn't use them on my car in the front. I did use them for a couple years in the back' date=' but I can only imagine that in most Z's adjusting camber in front with offset bushings means that you have different bumpsteer on the LF and RF wheels... ick. Unless your chassis was so straight that both bushings were in exactly the same spot... unlikely at best.

LCA=lower control arm[/quote']

Exactly.

Damn you guys are quick. :mrgreen: While I was editing my last post you guys made two more.

Do the tires change toe in angles when the wheels hit a bump? If so, why would any stock maufactured car have any of this built in?

Parts bin design. Cost.

There are very few cars that come from the factory without some degree of bumpsteer. But, it only becomes an issue at the extremes of suspension travel. 99.99% of car owners never notice or would care if their car exhibited a little bit of bumpsteer.

Bumpsteer really isn't an issue for the 240Z when its at the stock ride height and driven on the street. It only becomes more of an issue when the car is lowered, wide and low profile tires are installed, and the car is raced.

Parts bin design. Cost.

There are very few cars that come from the factory without some degree of bumpsteer. But' date=' it only becomes an issue at the extremes of suspension travel. 99.99% of car owners never notice or would care if their car exhibited a little bit of bumpsteer.

Bumpsteer really isn't an issue for the 240Z when its at the stock ride height and driven on the street. It only becomes more of an issue when the car is lowered, wide and low profile tires are installed, and the car is raced.[/quote']

I would go so far as to say that there are no mass produced cars out there that have zero bump steer. The problem is that this is a very fine adjustment, and in a manufacturing environment there is just no way to hold all of the things that can effect bumpsteer to tight enough tolerances to guarantee that you won't have any.

And it is far too time consuming an adjustment to try to make somewhere in the assembly line. The procedure is basically run the suspension through it's range of travel, and measure and plot the change in toe. Make an adjustment, try again. Even with specialized equipment and experienced technicians, I can't see this taking less than ten minutes to complete (it usually takes me several hours). There is just no way that this could be done on an assembly line.

And as John said, for a 'normal' car, the end customer won't know the difference anyway.

My issue with the adjusting bushings was that presumably you would be using them to adjust your camber to compensate for the camber change that occurred when you lowered the car. In these circumstances, it doesn't take much to end up with some really funky results.

I do want to lower my front end more if I can.

As the rear is lower with these offset bushings with about 1 degree negative camber. So far they have been ok....I far from trust them now.

Also forgot to add here, the owner before me had those alum bumpsteer spacers installed in the front.

Should I delete those bumpsteer spacers and go back to stock and adjust my springs from there?

It makes me wonder what height is the front end really.... based upon no bumpsteer spacers and my current tire diameter of 225/45Z/R17?

What is the stock tire diameter on a 240z front???

If my tire diameter is greater than compared to stock, I would have to lower the springs even more to get basicly back to stock ride heights?

I would prefer the lower diameter instead.

If you lower the car a touch with springs and yet run the bumpsteer spacers, correct me if I am wrong, but would that not raise the ride height back up again?

I'm new to this but these seem like another fake reality similar to the offset front end bushings.

I do want to lower my front end more if I can.

As The rear is lower with these offset bushings with about 1 degree negative camber. So far they have been ok. Someone before me had those alum bumpsteer spacers installed in the front.

Should I delete those and go back to stock and adjust my springs from there?

It makes me wonder what height is the car really.... based upon no bumpsteer spacers and my current tire diameter of 225/45Z/R17?

What is the stock tire diameter on a 240z front?

If my tire diameter is higher than stock' date=' I would have to lower the springs even more to get basicly back to stock ride heights?

I would prefer the lower diameter instead.

If you lower the car a touch with springs and yet run the bumpsteer spacers, correct me if I am wrong, but would that not raise the ride height back up again?

I'm new to this but these seem like another fake reality similar to the offset front end bushings.[/quote']

Bumpsteer spacers should not have any effect on your ride height.

They can be beneficial in that they can help you achieve a more desirable LCA angle at your static ride height (we did talk about this already didn't we?).

Interestingly, what they won't do is eliminate your bumpsteer. They will change it, but it's highly unlikely that they will make it go away. It's entirely possible that they could actually make bumpsteer worse.

:shock:

Interestingly, what they won't do is eliminate your bumpsteer. They will change it, but it's highly unlikely that they make it go away. It's entirely possible that they could actually make bumpsteer worse.

What Tim said above. There's more information regarding ride heights in the middle and end of this thread: http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=97585