HybridZ

Alternator Noise Filtering, and Line Filtering...

Tony D

What are you guys using on the power line or alternator to filter noise into your MS unit?

I have just gottne the MS-n-S running like it did when I first fired it up in MAY 2003! Trouble is when I reconnect the alternator, it starts cutting off the injector pulses in a rythmic cycle.

With the alternator disconnected, the thing runs fine. Put the "F" termninal back into the alt, and it will run fine for about 2 minutes, then start the surging again. i don't know if it's a bad diode, or that I've removed the line filter I formerly had on the system. New VR and Alt, but who knows if they are good or not. Will test some more, but as long as voltage stays below 14.00 V it seems to run fine.

BAH! At least I can tune for a while, charge it up and continue... This alternator thing may have been the "killer" of box number 1... now that I think on it some more...hmmmmm

On my entire setup I only have two condensers for filtering (both where stock types that came on my 73 240z). One of them is at the coil to filter noise and the other one is on the BW wire(the 12v ignition switched wire) at the alternator. I don't have any other capacitors for filtering right now and everything still seems to be working fine.