HybridZ

EFI system removel on l20et

george.bryant

I need to get to my head and replace the gasket and check for head damage.

We managed to get those hex bolts out, but now...we're stuck with getting this fuel injection and turbo stuff off so I can get the intake manifold off. But how the hell do i do it?

Someone please give precise instructions or even psot some pics/diagrams for me, so i can get this thing off and get my r30 going again!

Regards, George

I have never seen and L20ET but I'd guess it's about the same as the L28ET, which is a pain in the arse, you gotta have the right length extension and patience and you gotta feel the thing arouns to get it on the intake bolts, it's a slow tedious process and assembly is about as bad, it helps if you can just pull the motor

• 4 weeks later...
Guest hyperformanceridez

1st remove all of your heat sheilds and get any wires and hoses that are in your way unhooked and laid over to the side, just remember or mark where they go. After all obstructions are removed you should be able to feel the bolt heads with your fingers, just guide the socket and extension up to them. As far a reassembly goes, put the bolts back in FIRST with a dab of grease on the washer to hold it against the head of the bolt. Slide the intake back down behind the bolt and washer and tighten it up. But as was said, be patient.