HybridZ

L20et Electronic dizzy

stagefumer11

hey guys, another problem here with a l20et. same as gorge atm.

The l20et came with two diffrent style of dizzy's one was the Vacume retard unit, which was quite small. most similar to the l24 unit. then they also came with a electronic one. which is prone to problems. which is where im trying to figure out.

When cold starting. it will take around 10 seconds pumping the gas while turning the Key to get it to even kick, when it does it pops out the intake untill Rev build up, then its fine. It sometimes Drops back down and trys to die. same poping out the intake. now after that it runs fine. after a minute of running i can clearly feel the timing retard drimaticly, rpm drop atleast 1000rpm,. throttle response is crap. on boost it hauls but. and i can clearly hear a droning soudn comming out the intake. then 5 mins later it comes right. now it can do this while on boost or not. power is not consistint.

now ive been thinking it could be the dizzy retartding, to much. which i was told by my local L20et Guru that mine was clearly stuffed. which is hard to tell. Now i guess ill stop beating around the bush. is their away to Lock these dizzys ? since they run off the ecu. and so forth. it connects using a 4 pin barrel plug. other wise im in the hunt for a dizzy for it. which in NZ isnt easy to come by,