HybridZ

Busted bleeders

Guest tony78_280z

Guest tony78_280z

I replace my Master Cylinder. Now every brake part except the metal lines and the rear brake slaves is new. After replacing the MC, I then began to bleed the brakes both of the rear slaves bleeders snapped off without budging. So I bled them where the rear lines plug into the slaves. Is this sufficient? Or should I attempt to remove the slaves drill out the bleeders and replace the bleeders? Or should I just go ahead and replace the rear slaves? I'm of the mind set, if it aint broke dont fix it. So I don't wanna replace them if they are ok.

I test drove it (breaking another part of my car that I will discuss in a seperate thread) and I couldn't tell any pull when I brake. Of course the road wasn't real smooth but we're talking about braking hard hands off the wheel I couldn't see a definate pull.

Thanks

Yup, you'll still have air in there, and the wheel cyls wont work well. I snaped one off (bleader) on my 280z, and was able to drill it out to a size slightly bigger, tap, and use a fine thread bolt I found lying around.. :oops: It was just to get me going, and alowed my to blead the brakes and seal it up. BYT; I'm planing on doing a brake upgrade and swaping master cyl, so I'm gona buy a NEW wheel cyl just to be on the safe side. I don't know how much longer that wheel cyl will hold out, or if I'll be able to use the bolt to blead again anyway..