HybridZ

Just a random thought...

datsunlover

I was talking to a friend of mine and we were tossing around an idea.. He recently wrote off his 94 Volvo 850T (see my post in the non tech area; not so happy new year) But the 'front clip' survived intact. We got to talking about my Z, weight, hp, ect.. I don't know the specs on the volvo motor, except its a 2.5L turbo intercooled 5 cylinder. But it hauled around a heavy 4 door TANK of a volvo quite respectalby.. Actually, my fairly stock 280z couldn't even keep up from a 'red light drag' one night.. The thing seamed happy to rev, and there were a few ocasions we got the thing close to 200kph.. and it was willing to keep going!! (mind you we didnt hold those speeds for too long.. not enough road.. or nerve!!)

I know the volvo engine is setup for front wheel drive, but I've seen an older Volvo P1800 with this engine in rear drive layout... also TWIN turboed.. heh heh.. So it is theoreticly (sp?) possible IMO to mount in a Z.. and being a 5 cyl, it'd be easy to fit lenghtwise.. it's a very smooth engine, and it pulls really nice above 3000.. with some 'tweeking' of the boost, and a decent exhast Im sure it be a lot of fun in a Z.. and it would be DIFFERENT! :)