HybridZ

Help, headlights won't work!

HICKL

76 280, headlights quit working, can't figure out. Headlights are good, fuses are good, switch test ok with meter, voltage to switch, voltage to dimmer switch. Is there a relay somewhere? I can't find it in the schematic.

Never has something so simple kicked my rear so bad!

Thanks

Jeff

headlights have a tendancy to go out in a Z. The most common problem is the turn signal switch from what I have gathered. Although make sure you go and check all the grounds and the connectors too for corrosion. Clean everything well. If that still doesn't do anything for you, you might want to consider running relays. Here is a good link, http://mywebpages.comcast.net/pparaska/Headlight_Relay_pg1.htm

Pete has donated this link to the public domain and we have all been very grateful. Give it a read.

This is where I bought my relays:

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/

Good luck

I've had everything from the headlight switch and the grounds cause me problems to the most recent... where the plugs for the headlights themselves were so corroded that the lights stopped working. All in all a total pain. The only way to truely fix it is to do the relays and also go through all of the plugs etc... and replace all of the ones that are corroded. Make really sure you clean up the grounds in your electrical system really well, that can lead to a lot of other problems!

Have the same problem, I know mine is the switch. Rotate the switch and nothing happens, turn on the switch and put pressure on the back side and mine come on every time. I need to take it apart and clean it before I get the car back on the road.

Thanks guys, I had already dissasembled and inspected the main switch and the high beam switch and both were in tact. It turned out to be a mildly corroded fusible link connection. I pulled them all off and put them back on and she shines again.

Thanks for your input

Jeff