HybridZ

Met a Darwin Award winner today (stupid kids)

auxilary

my buddy picked me up today to go 4wheelin in hollister. We get there, no biggie, several jeep grand cherokees prepping to go out on the trails, airing down tires, disconnecting sway bars, etc. We're waiting for several more people, and this, of course, is a story of the friend of a guy who's about to show up.

So the guy we're waiting for pulls up with his buddies following behind him. Two toyota pickups, one is the old school 83-4 toyota 4x4 with the 4 cyl. engine, dual live axles, and is beat to **** (one of the tires is actually flat like a slick). The other is a newer tacoma 4x4 with a v6 and independent front suspension. Let's jump back to the first beat up toyota.

The kid hops out (looks about 16-17) with his friend, and they're start prepping for offroading. The truck is beat to crap , but then again, this is perfect for such conditions in case you hit or scrape something - not much of a loss there. I am walking up with another guy named Ryan to the truck. We both see fluid seeping out from the front of the car, and Ryan points to the puddle under the truck and asks the kid "So, do you need that?" The kid says "oh, it's no big deal. Our biggest problem was my CB wiring got fried, and we had to pull it out because it started smoking." Of course, the genius had the wiring running over a radioshack 28 gauge (really thin) wire straight from the battery's positive terminal. And no fuse in line.

Meanwhile I am looking under the truck, and it reeks of gas. I touch the liquid - yup, it's gas. I tell him he's leaking gas all over the front axle, transfer case, springs, brakes, etc. He opens the hood, and lo and behold - the fuel filter is spraying fuel out! I look at the hole, and it's not a crack or puncture - it's a BURN!!!!!! The wire was running over the filter, and it melted through. I am surprised the kid was so lucky the filter didn't f#cking explode and his car didn't catch on fire from the amount of gas he leaked all over the front half of his ******* truck! I told him to jbweld it, or to run it straight into the carb without the filter, go get a replacement filter in town, and put it in. The kid took half of my advice = jb welded it, and decided to go offroading. I haven't seen him since, but... that was quite stupid.

fdb34f53.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=4291782345

Guest super280z

wouldnt it be "Future Darwin Award Winner" though?

still thats stinkin rediculous.. someone needs to teach these kids some common sense.. grr...

Originally posted by Super280z:

wouldnt it be "Future Darwin Award Winner" though?

still thats stinkin rediculous.. someone needs to teach these kids some common sense.. grr...

Hopefully he covered his urethra in JB Weld too, then he would qualify.