HybridZ

Blending the fiberglass body kit

EZ-E

I have Motorsports Fiberglass II body kit, and well though it fits close. Its really not close enough and i would like to fill the spaces in.

Some shops told me they either wouldnt do it, or couldnt, as it would crack under stress no matter what I did.

Now I have seen several cars with this done, why cant I or they do the same to make it a seamless look. Is there something that Im not seeing in what they are trying to tell me?

I've not had any experience with the MSA kit, but look at this recent thread below, and see if it will help. I think the bodyshop was talking about bonded glass on metal, which can cause problems. With the below discussion, the solution seems to be a good one in which a seam still exists, but it will be a well fitted seam.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=97925&page=1&pp=10

let me know what you decide to do.. i still dont know what the hell is going on with the shop and my car.. hopefully i'll have time to go by the shop this week to check it out...