HybridZ

Well.. Going Standalone on Ole Blue Z.. quick questions though..

Guest ON3GO

Desided to spend the money as im getting 4-8mph with my L28ET Z thats running the 77 280z ecu and dizzy.. its running way rich, boost doesnt feel healthy, and im sick of messing with a old ecu.

going with a new Microtech EMS system (like i have on the green Z) the older Haltech E6K (if i can find one at a good enough price).

my questions are though, should i change anything else while i do the EMS?

upgrade any parts or anything at all?

Also heres somethings ill be getting along with the EMS:

new spark plug wires

maxima alternator upgrade

battery will be moved to the back of the car

and a few more autometer gauges...

quick question on a gauge.

My stock Oil pressure gauge doesnt work, so to the people that run a autometer 2 5/8's oil pressure gauge.. what else did you need to run that gauge? just use the stock electrical wires?

need a different sender unit?

thanks

mike

Mike - If you are planning on using a mechanical Autometer gauge you can modify your stock sender (as I did) and run a braided line to the guage, like so:

Separate the two:

62194131.jpg

One side is the oil feed to the turbo with a new restrictor hard welded:

62194125.jpg

62194120.jpg

One To Autometer gauge the other to the turbo:

62190433.jpg

Yasin

Guest JAMIE T

Use a mechanical oil pressure gauge. Don't use a sending unit. Plumb it to the same location your stock sender goes. I can't think of anything else you'd need right now to convert to the stand-alone.

I converted an L6 zcar to all autometer with the stewart warner kit kit available through courtesy nissan and possibly msa, and definitely through Nissan Motorsports. It has all the fittings to convert to mechanical gauges, in one nice box.

I think you should upgrade fuel delivery, intake and throttle body, injector size, intercooler, turbo and an electric fan to lessen drag.

I haven't seen pics of your set up on the green z, but the set up sounds nice. I'm currently running a Haltech E6K, 12 injectors-staged, T60-1 Turbo, Intercooler, MSD 7AL2 w/ a 8251 Coil. I have an high flo fuel pump with a pressure regulator splitting into 2 individual lines for the 12 injectors, then back to 1 return to the tank. Any little you'll do will eventually turn into alot, as you may already know, and I have been down that road many a time.

Do you want to do something different with one car vs the other? I'd try something different. Good luck..

My .02

I think you should upgrade fuel delivery' date=' intake and throttle body, injector size, intercooler, turbo and an electric fan to lessen drag.

I haven't seen pics of your set up on the green z, but the set up sounds nice. I'm currently running a Haltech E6K, 12 injectors-staged, T60-1 Turbo, Intercooler, MSD 7AL2 w/ a 8251 Coil. I have an high flo fuel pump with a pressure regulator splitting into 2 individual lines for the 12 injectors, then back to 1 return to the tank. Any little you'll do will eventually turn into alot, as you may already know, and I have been down that road many a time.

Do you want to do something different with one car vs the other? I'd try something different. Good luck..

My .02[/quote']

the blue car has a bigger t-body, bigger injectors, electric fan and etc on it already.

also has a bigger fuel pump and etc on it.

it has everything to make tons more power and now i will with this microtech.

i dont have any pics of the green's Z setup but its better then the blue cars. im still running stock turbo and exhaust manifold on the blue Z.

i want to get this blue Z running fast enough where i can make money off of it again.

right now its quick but not as fast as it was before but then again im on stock boost again.

i have plans to go alittle more crazier on this car as in a extra injectors system, nitrous, cam, bigger turbo, coil packs and etc. but im getting very very low on funds and im spending all this cash on NOT my main project Z. shit i havent driven the Hulk Z for over 2 years now.. sucks big time.

mike

• 7 months later...

Hello, I was refered to you for help on my Microtech LT12 setup. I am getting spark with my 83turbo motor and crank angle sensor in the dizzy...but the spark is not sequential when the dizzy is physically turned. It only sparks on one plug or sometimes two plugs...Do I need the VG30 dizzy from a 300z? Any info you can get to me will be greatly appreciated.

Frustrated in MA, USA

Cole Bailey

508 904 0613

i think you need a dual pickup wheel from the Z31 turbo dizzy.

you need to put that in your 280zxt dizzy.

thats what i did, and what ive been told to do on any microtech unit.. atleast the ones i own. LT12 and LT8

mike

Guest tony78_280z
Desided to spend the money as im getting 4-8[b']mph [/b]
Man, that is one slow Z,. Get a bicycle. :D

Had to read that sentence three times to figure out it was a typo.

lol.

this is a old thread, but heres a update for the ppl..

the Z got a microtech and im installing it right now.

should have it running within next week or so.

then i tune it and race it and try to break it :)

mike