HybridZ

Driveshaft shortening and parts required

CruxGNZ

I tried searching but didn't find what I was looking for. Here's the deal, I went into a local driveshaft shop and asked if he could shorten and balance my driveshaft. He looked at me and said, "You're supplying the parts, right?" Didn't know I had to for $71.

I have Scottie-GNZ's old drive shaft that I can use for my GNZ, but I don't have the 'Vette differential. I have the drive shaft adapter flange from JTR for the R200 differential, but what part do I need to buy for the drive shaft? Something that will use a DANA 1310 U-joint.

On a side note, the amount of metal that holds the u-joint on the drive shaft adapter flange from JTR, doesn't it look pretty thin? I mean for the amount of torque that goes to the rear end, it looks like I'll break the u-joint right out of that sucker, but I have not heard of that happening before.

!M!

When I got mine shortened, I just brought in the chevy driveshaft and front yoke. For $80 I got the shaft shortened and balanced, new Spicer u-joints and appropriate Neepco adapter, all assembled. I think I'd check around.

What he said. And like Tim said, if the driveline does not know, then go somehwre else. That Neapco part should be on their shelf or easily available as it is nothing special.