HybridZ

JTR setup driveshaft angle problem

Not sure if this should be in drivetrain or here but since it is a convesion related issue, I'll try here. I get some drivetrain vibration so I checked my angles and the nose of my diff seems to be pointed up too much relative to the rest of the setup. How can I change the angle of it? Drop the nose? Raise the back? How???

Thanks

Jeff

"Shim the mount down using some washers untill you get it correct, measure and make some solid spacers.

Jon"

Jon, please explain, are you referring to the tranny or diff mount. If the diff mount, isn't it below the nose thus shimming would raise the nose more? I'm not following you. I'm stupid.

Thanks,

Jeff

I fixed mine using Petes pages. They are exelent!

Had to lower the pinion of the r-200. Created Petes mount from up on top. Tack welded in car for fit only, just used his dimensions to fab the parts. ....But then took the stock lower 240z x-member cut and created an iso/rigid mount. Trapping the pinion from top.. and bottom. I could post pic if you want. Trans x- member custom fit. M-bar spent the 2 bills for the AZ car piece with no mods needed. The old ones to me always looked saggy for a V8 and move around too much. This was all done after locating the angles in the car. Parallel planes with running driveshafts angles of 1 to 2 degrees. Horz and vert. For me measuring the horz was harder. Used strings with plumb bobs down to the floor (home depot). Its worth the effort because you can get it as smooth as glass.