HybridZ

Voltage drop to coil??

260ZRED

I'm only getting 12.15 volts at the coil, while the battery is up at 12.24 or 12.23 (jumps around) (yeah I know I need to charge the battery up a bit)

All connections everywhere are soldered and sealed with electrical tape, and I'm using the stock nissan wiring for everything (got a separate harness to cut up so, colors match)

Is this drop of .1 volts normal? If not, what would be the logical steps to get rid of this drop? I'm not very electronicly inclined, but have just finished all the wiring and the L28ET runs well now. I'm just trying to figure out what I did wrong.

The voltage drop at the alternator is only .05 volts, but it does have a much thicker wire.. Would you recomend replacing the BW wire with a thicker gauge? Or is it not "worth" the trouble to get my .1 volts back?

Thanks for any advice guys.

Guest 240zJake

You can measure the resistance along the wire ( battery removed of course) and if the resistance is more than a coupl of ohms replace it if you want to.

But you did nothing wrong, that little drop is insignificant