HybridZ

Toyota Supra Injectors - 440cc - Um.. any performance gain in an N/A???

proxlamus©

Hey guys...

I am slowly building up my parts for a kick ass turbo conversion...

my latest bunch of parts i just purchased was a set of low impedance 440cc injectors from a Toyota Supra Turbo..

Now i still have a LONG way to go, and alot of parts to get untill my conversion is complete.. but untill then....

if I hook up those 440cc injectors and a new fuel rail.. will I be looking at any performance gains? I have a stock N47 engine.. with just intake and exhuast...

But i figured.. ehh.. why not give it a try... maybe I can use these now...

If i am not looking at any performance gains with pluggin the injectors straight in.. how can I achieve some performance gains?

Think of your injectors as "six little water pistols" The computer controls how many times per second the "trigger" is "squeezed" to obtain the correct air/fuel ratio. If you put in a larger injector without reprogramming the computer it will still trigger the injectors the same way, and will flood the engine. Those Supra injectors are capable of supporting fuel to a engine capable of over 400hp. Do you think your NA engine is anywhere near that? I highly doubt it. In NA form I'm sure your stock injectors are more than adequate, even with a few mods I'm sure your stock injectors will not be maxed out.

Guest Loose_Screws

I know the '77s and '78s came with low impedence injectors. There are resistor packs beside the brake booster under the flap.

Get whatever injectors you plan on running and fuel rail, clean out your fuel system (lines, tank, etc.), and build yourself a MegaSquirt. You can then run high or low impedence injectors (low still require resistor pack), and tune to your hearts content. May not see a performance gain, but you will definitely see better/improved driveability. Plus, when you do turbo the car, you are gonna want to trash the stock ECU as the only real adjustment you can make is the AFM door flapper spring pressure, or maybe play with the fuel pressure.

Good luck with the car!