HybridZ

yet again

Guest lovemonkeye

Guest lovemonkeye

changed spark plugs,ignition coil, distributor cap, and contact points. when i did that my car atleast started again and stayed on (still didnt have any power and felt like it wanted to shut off etc but it did start and stay on) then i bought and put on spark plug wires (put them in as instructed in a Z repair manual) then when i turned on car it misfired all over the place and shut off about 5-8 seconds after. i took off the air cleaner cover and found a large amount of fuel. so im thinking my carbs are running all sorts of rich and that my engine is being flooded with fuel.

my question pretty much is does that sound like its the cause of my probs and if so how much does it generally cost to get carbs ajusted ( i dont really want to mess with ajusting duel carbs)

Guest tony78_280z

Check your plug wiring again. The book has two that switch on ya. Hard to explain but I made the same mistake because the diagram in the Haynes book is confusing. You had this problem just after changing your wires so I'm gonna bet this is it.

The fuel in the air cleaner may be an ADDITIONAL problem (Multiple systems failure sucks bad) or it might have something to do with not sparking at the right time and not burning the fuel that is in it.

Guest lovemonkeye

man thats kinda funny, cuz it was my first thought that they were in wrong and i brought 3 ppl to look at the wireing and the hayes book wireing and no one noticed that heh, thanks a bunch i was getting headaches. as for the fuel in my filter i think im gunna go with ztherapy.com or motorsports rebuilt SU's