HybridZ

Question about Z bumpers

Guest Tatsuya_Shima

Guest Tatsuya_Shima

I just got a 77' 280Z and the first thing I did was rip off those gigantic bumpers that were in the front and rear. I was thinking of putting an MSA bodykit on, but I was wondering if it is possible to put the bumpers (front and rear) from a 240Z on my 280Z. I really like how the bumpers look on the 240Z and was hoping that there is some way I can put it on the 280. Can anybody help me or give me some tips? I would really appreciate it.

Tatsuya, I don't know the details of the bumper conversion but, I do know it's been done many times. It's advisible to search the archives for posts relating to what ever subject you are interested in. Also, if you don't find what you're looking for here, you might try going to the Classic Zcar Club website.

:wink: Yes, you can put both on the 280Z. You can buy or make the brackets for the front bumpers. All you have to do is drill one additional hole into each lower frame area. One of the holes will line up with hole already in the frame. You can leave it(bumper), chrome or strip it and paint it the same color as the car. The rear bumper, you have to use the bracket that mounts the bumper to the 240Z body. I welded it to the body myself. It looked nice on a 78 280Z. You will have to line it up, and drill some holes. Do the same as as listed above. Good Luck and let us know if it works, Rich.