HybridZ

High idle on Fuel Injection conversion

I just got this 71 project running with 77 electronics & wiring , new turbo injectors & a t-04 turbo. It just won't idle down to 800 rpm. It stays around 1400 rpm when warmed up. All the aar & egr stuff is removed & plugged up ( no cold start injector). All the boots are sealing properly & the idle speed screw is all the way in. It has a hard time idling when motor is cold.

What could be the culprit (afm, sensors, ecu or t.b.)? Anyone out there have any good suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

After reading all of the archives in all of the Z car forums , the culprit was the bccd! It was letting air into the tb from the inside. I just hooked up the wire lead at the bottom to a positive source & walla the idle came down to normal & I was able to adjust it! I will end plugging the hole inside or just taking it off & blocking the bottom of the tb or just going to a larger tb without a bccd.

I agree with larsz, the bcdd was the problem with my high Idle. There was an adjustment nut at the bottom, and you can disconnect the whole thing and adjust the nut all the way so that your idle speed will be only be dictated by your idle screw.

-Oliver