HybridZ

Blew my HG!!!! What gasket should I use

Guest iskone

I already have a VICTOR Permanent Torque PN3947.

I was wondering if I should go with a MHG.

I have a BC Gerolomy head on a 280 block with 11.5-1 forged pistons. I don't know if that warrents a MHG. I don't want to get any machining done.

Isk

I would think if anything it would be from detonation. My car was pinging when I punched it just off idle for about the first 500rpm. I hope it's not the head!!! it did over heat the last time I ran it but I caught it very quick.

I'll send it to a machine shop just to be safe.

Oh and another question when I do change the gasket I plan to drain the bad oil should I drop the whole pan and clean it all out?

Thanks

Isk

Guest 73Turbo240z
I would think if anything it would be from detonation. My car was pinging when I punched it just off idle for about the first 500rpm. I hope it's not the head!!! it did over heat the last time I ran it but I caught it very quick.

I'll send it to a machine shop just to be safe.

Oh and another question when I do change the gasket I plan to drain the bad oil should I drop the whole pan and clean it all out?

Thanks

Isk

drop it or buy a couple extra quarts and flush it the 1st time, do 500 miles, then do a quality oil change. your call on what route you go

Well I called up Z Specialties and I'm going to send my head to them. They'll take care of everything that needs to be done. I think after I get the engine back together I'm gonna take it to a dyno shop to tune out the ping I had already planned on getting the power numbers and tuning the carbs anyway.

Isk