HybridZ

Up Date

MrBonk

Here are some pic's of my mounts and mod cross member.When i have a chance i will roll it out of my garage and steam it off and take better pic's.

drivers.jpg

This is my drivers side mount

pass.jpg

This is my pass side , as you can see the frame rail had to be reboxed for the shorty headers i wanted to run.

cross.jpg

My dirty crossmember lol . The center had to be removed and redone to fit the front slump of the 93 5.0. as i said before i will steam it off and get clear pic's mabey this week and replace these.

LaterZzz

Nice work on the boxed frame. With my stock exhaust put of the 82 stang it sets real close. I was thinking of taking a short piece of 3" tubing and cut it lengthwise, and box the frame that way. Then after seeing your headers, I hit ebay and am going the route you've taken. Thanks for the idea. Those engine mounts look good also. What brand of remote filter adapter are you going to run? Or, are you going to need one with the mounts relocated like that? Keep up the good work!

Interesting and intreging. I've got mine bolted in where I want it using stock mounts and 81 Granada engine mounts. I have room enough to remove the C4 without pulling the engine. I have a plate of sorts with a riser bolted from the engine mounting plate to the rubber Z mounts. Everything fits great. No steering shaft cutting, no frame cutting, I can bolt up to the stock 72 tranny mount. I still believe my weakest link is the mounting system. Now, If I was to install the headers one side at a time, remove the mounting plate I have and fab up underslung type mounts (simular to what you have), remove the Z mounts altogether, I'm thinking I wouldn't have to do anything with the steering shaft. That, and it would look a lot better in my opinion. Man, I love this club.

Here are a couple of pictures of the motor mount for my 280Z / Ferrari 250 GTO kit car. The vibration damper is 3/4" above the steering rack. The steering shaft clears the mount by about 1 inch! Use a 1969 mustang motor mount. I am sure it fits tons of 289 & 302 applications. Auto Zone sells them for $15.00 ea.

Bill

As soon as I figure out how to attach the pictures I'll do it!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest 305240

You were right on the header tip. I just bolted mine in. I was surprised at the clearence by the steering shaft. I could get the passengers side exhaust pipe fabbed up, but man would it be tight. I'll go ahead and box the frame rail with the tubing idea I have. The more I work on this and the more I read on this forum, the easier this swap is getting. Thanks again.