HybridZ

Fender Cushions?

Bartman

I finally got my engine bay primered last weekend and I hope to lay down the color coat this coming weekend.

PrimeredEngineBay.JPG

The question I have is about the three raised metal platforms on the upper part of the inner fenders. These seem to have had some sort of rubber cushion on them (whatever used to be there is crumbling away). What was it and what can I replace it with, or should I just leave them alone?

Cool, so 3/8" is the proper thickness?

3/8" was what I had in stock. If I was going to order it again I would probably go with 1/2". The OE material on my car was worn pretty far down and it was difficult to tell what the original material height was. This foam can be compressed quite a bit while still maintaining its usefulness... so you can't go wrong by going slightly thicker.

I've seen some of your progress posts on your car Zhadman, it's really nice. Some day I'd like to check it out.

Thanks. I'm in body/paint stage right now so she's not looking altogether pretty at the moment. But there is nothing wrong with talking cars. :wink:

BTW - I'm going to be painting my car WRB, I love that color.

Before I got my WRX WRB was my first color choice. :-D