HybridZ

HELP! What is this block??

Guest iskone

I have a block at my house that just says L28 with some other numbers stamped after the L28 stamp. The stamp is on the passenger side toward the front.

There is no stamp on the passenger side on the rear and I havn'er seen any ohters.

Isk

Yeah, I know that's where it says l28.

I'm goning to look again when I get home. I think the block in my 280 has it stamped towards the rear of the block :?

Ok so it is towards the rear. I know where the freaking thing is once I look at the block so I don't know what is going on. I even have a 240 block sitting in my carport I looked at for comparison and still couldn't find one on the block in my car.

I thought of a way to find out though. I'll get under the car and locate the numbers behind the driver side engine mount and use some real stiff putty to get an imprint of.

Isk

The head is identified on the passenger side, near the 2nd spark plug on the rail at the bottom of the head.

The block is identified on the driver side, under the manifolds, similar flat boss near the top of the block, behind the distributor and thermostat housing.