HybridZ

World Products Heads...

These were a direct from AFR to my engine builder in Sept. 05 and my price was $1495.OO for the set.

BTW.... If anyone is interested included in the top pic was

1) Crane machined locks 11/32... $39.00

2) Comp Can roller rockers......... $299.99

3) Comp Can HP valve springs..... $219.99

4) Comp Can spring locators....... $60.00

5) Comp Can retainers............... $69.99

6) Valve seal-viton................... $32.00

7) ARP head bolts..................... $79.99

8) Cometic head gaskets............ $199.99

9) Labor...Install valve sprigs/set tension/machine valve spring locators..........................$200.00

LARRY

I used to post her under Zfan but when I moved and change my email, etc...it seems I could not post on here or get a new password? Maybe I had been away for tooo long...long story!

Anyway it's nice to be back around HybridZ!

I just rebuilt my sbc 385 and bolted on a set of AFR Eliminator 210's. I am suprised that they added no improvement over the little 200cc Canfields that were essencially an out of box head.

I did change cams as well too so maybe that was part of it. I went from a Comps xr2288hr-10, 236/242-520-540 110 lobe seperation to a 119651 Crane cam 240/240-605/605 with a 110 lobe seperation. The car is actually slower by 2 tenths, go figure. Atleast they are nice looking heads, just alot to spend for nice looking heads.

Mike

For those of us building on a slightly lower scale, I found that the Summit branded 165 runner heads are a fairly good quality product, and apparently manufactured for them by Dart.

I think one of the stud threads was a little stiffer than the others, but I had NO issues with any truely binding, or being crooked. They're cast iron, so a little on the heavy side, but for my application, that's fine.

For me, I was just looking for a fun level of performance, and good torque. The $650 price tag for a loaded pair helped though!

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SUM%2D152123&N=700+115&autoview=sku