HybridZ

exhaust ---quiet exhaust that is

FastZdriver, I used the hooker "Tuned Flow"

origially on my car. they have kinda the same concept as the supertrapp. They do not use bolt in discs but instead you rotate

a cylinder with a half moon cut at the front

of the muffler. You can actually adjust the exhaust flow by 40%.. They look really

cool but turned out to be too restrictive

for my motor (approx 475hp). They have

a raspy sound very similar to the Supertrapps... I used them for about 500 miles. they sell in Summitt for 138.00 EACH.. I would take 100.00 for both...

Look at them in summit or on hookers site..

Myron

i plan on using 2 supertrap mufflers with the internal discs and slant cut tip (catalog item from summit they have 3 in tips) on a chevy 350 with shorty headers and 2.5" pipes going back. i want my system to be as quiet as possible while keeping a decent amount of clearance-- car is using the MSA Aero Kit II. i was thinking if I put in an h-pipe to cut down on the noise. would this be a possible solution?any input will be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

flowmaster makes a muffler makes a muffler with 2 2.5 pipes in and 2 2.5 out.maybe if you mount this uder driveshaft and use the traps on ends.or mount 2 glasspacks side by side under drive shaft with a x pipe in front of mufflers.this should make nice mellow rumble.i have a 3" mandrel bent exhaust on my 77 turbo -muffler is under cat heat shield.

i was thinking if i ran maybe 2 Thrust glasspacks along the driveshaft, an h-pipe, then the dual Supertraps on the rear this would keep it extremely quiet. i am curious if this is too much back pressure though. but on the other hand both mufflers have essentially a straight through design. What do you all think? once again thanks for all of your input.

Well what didn't flow well but was v. quiet:

2.5" Y to 2.5" single behind trans to a 2.5" bottle and then turbo muffler. Removing the bottle/resonator brought it back to normal power levels. (I'd wanted 3" bottle/exhaust after single....bad experience with the shop!)

A fella in California with a kickass 280z V8 (Dustin) had dual 2.5" to a single 3" behind his 700R4 (yes he does autox and RR very well)and then a long 3" resonator of unremembered brand..into a 2 chamber flowmaster. He said he was told a 3chamber will restrict above 350 or so hp. He's running a lumpy 400sbc so went with 2chamber. His system sounded good at WOT but fine/reasonable (and I"m picky) at idle/cruise and I'd be really happy with same results.