HybridZ

Cleaned my engine, now i have problems!

Took my zxt over to the car wash, i noticed this one had an engine cleaner, so i figured what the hell the engine needs a good cleaning. So i precede to clean the engine, then i washed and dried the exterior and im ready to head home. I started the car and it fired right up and seemed to be running fine. I got it out on the street and stepped on it and soon as it hit 2100 rpm it stops like some one shut off the key, if i let off the gas and step in the clutch its still running and running perfect. Soon as i get on it and it hits 2100 rpm it does the same thing every time. Ive let it idle for an hour now and its still pulling the same crap. I paid very close attention to not soaking the distributor, yes it got a little wet but no totally drenched. WTF did i do now, i hope something is just wet.

Guest Magnum Rockwilder

Take the distributor cap off and spray WD-40 into it, then wipe it out. Try to start the car. If it still doesn't start, unhook every harness one by one and spray the contacts. Spray the plug wires, too.

Never use pressurized water to clean your engine.

I'd say the TPS/conector got wet, OR, the electronic box on the distributor is either wet inside, or may have a bad conection dues to moisture... here's a thought though, in the AFM there is a contact that cuts the fuel pump power (should make contact when the flap closes, like when you shut the car off) I think maybe it's possible some water got in there and at one position (that would corespond with about 2100 rpm) it makes a conection due to the water and kills the fuel pump.. Either way, check evrything and make sure it's free of moisture..