HybridZ

Intercooler, radiator and Fuel upgrades??

tfreer85

Okay, with the RB25DET swap that I'm doing, what size intercooler should i be looking for? Also is the stock 240Z radiator sufficient enough to cool the newer inline 6? Jamie was saying that I should look into upgrading my fuel systems, and I'm curious if it is the 240's fuel system or the new engines and if its the new engine why so? Since, I figure i'll do all of my performance upgrades at the same time (a later date), do i need to do it now to get it up and running?

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 450x300x76 frount mount in my 280, fits perfectly in the nose, would be fine for the 25.

Far as fuel systems go. You are installing a fuel injected motor into a car previously running a carby fed donk. You will need to install at last a stock 25 pump, although you might as well upgrade since your already going to all the trouble.

Radiator- cant help there, dont know the dimensions of the 240 unit. If you dont unpgrade it i would recommend at least a thermo or 2

Tim

Guest Zcarsmakemyheadhurt

Depends on what size turbo you are going to use. The best fitting intercooler I use now is 24x11x3. If you dont mind doing more fab work I use a 31x11x3 also. The big qustion is turbo size and power goals. On fuel, there is no such thing as over kill and in fact I wouldn't hold back on this side since these motors do make the power. I have Bosch pumps that are capable of supporting 700hp. They are inline pumps and I do recomend using a "sump" on your fuel tank if the car is a 240 with no baffels in the tank. That or upgrade to a 75 280z tank that is fuel injection. Still think your better off with a sump that has at least -8 outlets as well as a matching feed line to your fuel rail as well as a fuel regulator such as a Aeromotoive with AN feeds also. The pumps are $280.00 but they are the more durabable pump, high quality.

Guest JAMIE T

I'm using an Aeromotive A1000 pump with 10AN running to the front of the car. My engine is an RB26 and I plan on big power in the future (600hp minimum), so if you're considering the RB25 and don't have plans on ever producing more than 500 hp, then the 8AN is cool. My fuel cell has two 8AN outlets on the sump and two returns on the top. I'm putting a y-block in line to run both 8AN lines into one 10AN line to feed the pump. I'm fabbing the Y-block myself to allow me to smooth the internal passages to make the transitions easy. I posted my radiator also, I think Joel said he has the same one. As for the intercooler, the ideal size for the Z is (core size) 24x12x3. I'm using one that is 24x12x4 to support up to 800 hp.