HybridZ

Antifreeze question...

badjuju

Today on an exit from the freeway i looked back and noticed a plume of smokish stuff coming from what looked to be my exhaust. after pulling over, my hood vent started smoking, same color. scared out of my wits, i popped the hood, turned the car off, and proceeded to look for the source of the problem.

I heard a gurgling sound coming from either my turbo or something near it, and antifreeze was dripping from my car to the ground below. smelled sweet, looked like antifreeze, etc.

my first thought was that i had a bad lower radiator hose and that it might have cracked or popped or come out or something. then i remembered that my turbo is from a 300zx, and is watercooled, and about crapped myself. i drove it to school, careful to stay below 3k, coasting when i could, and watching the temp monitors for dear life.

What are the chances that it's the turbo as opposed to just the return hose for the radiator? my car is parked now and i can't move it without adding to the coolant, cause i'm afraid to.

if it is the turbo, what will it take to fix it, a new hose coming out of the turbo, or what?

I'll take it to a shop asap, but until then, is it safe to drive if i refill the coolant and keep it out of boost range?

TIA