HybridZ

Stock Radiator good enough for Rb25det?

Guest 71rb240z

Guest 71rb240z

Hey guys,

I just need some advice for the radiator you guys use on your z. I have a 71 240z with Rb25det and SDS. I'm just finished with the intercooler piping and now starting to work on the radiator and it's piping. Just wondering if I should keep the stock radiator or get an aftermarket one. Have anyone put on an Koyo rad. from the SR in with the Rb swap before? Anyways, just need some good advice from you experts.

Thanks

Simon

Guest tony78_280z
Rb25det
I don't know what this is, but I use the stock radiator (see stats in signature). Mine is about 3 years old and I run 2 electric fans covering as much surface as possible. It stays at 195o.

Run your set up with the stock fan and watch the temp. If it stays cool then keep it. If not upgrade. If it ain't broke don't fix it! (take some measurements and hit the junk yard for hoses! I paid nothing for mine)

Wonder if that helps any.

Hey guys' date='

I just need some advice for the radiator you guys use on your z. I have a 71 240z with Rb25det and SDS. I'm just finished with the intercooler piping and now starting to work on the radiator and it's piping. Just wondering if I should keep the stock radiator or get an aftermarket one. Have anyone put on an Koyo rad. from the SR in with the Rb swap before? Anyways, just need some good advice from you experts.

Thanks

Simon[/quote']

All my friends who have put in SR20DET's into their car have put in new radiators. I have seen SR20DET's with stock radiators. But in my opinion, a new alluminum radiator is fairly cheap, since thats what i did in my car. *Non-RB/SR* You don't have to go KOYO because its just a name brand.

However I do have a question for you...

How is your RB25DET mounted? Do you have pixes? I am looking to do that swap right now and would like info please. What mounts for motor and tranny are my main concern. Thanks!

DSC03670.jpg

Guest 71rb240z

Thanks Guys,

RB25det is from a Skyline R33 Gtst.

I got 2 electric fans (10 inch each) that I'm planning to put on my rad.

Hey 240z master, I was just wondering where you get that radiator and those hoses from. that is exactly the stuff I'm looking for. The hoses seem to be very flexable, it should work very well with my engine.

The mounting of my engine is pretty good. I got those mounts from Rick. You will need rubber mounts from a Supra. And for the tranny mount, I mod the stock z mount bracket and made support brackets inside the tranny tunnel to support it. Its pretty solid right now.

I see that you are from OC. Pretty close from where I'm located. Theres always a lot of z enthusiasts there. I got some pictures, but I don't knwo how to post it here.

Thanks

Simon

Guest JAMIE T

I'm using a double pass aluminum radiator with my RB26-Z swap. It has both inlet and outlet on the right when looking at it from the engine side. I did this since both water outlets on the RB26 are both on the right. I think I paid under $200 for it. Maybe even under $200 shipped. I'll see about posting a pic, but I don't have time right now.

Guest 71rb240z

Thanks Jamie,

Yes, the RB got both inlet on the right. What about the hose? Just wondering where you get it from. I need to order one very soon.

Thanks again

Simon

Sent you mail' date=' here is the one I got.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7953497814

wow that guy sells some Radiators.... I got mine in Oct from him (same one) and he's sold over 400, it appears, from his FB count since....

I like mine. How bout you Jamie?