HybridZ

Ground Control coilovers

Guest zmanate

Guest zmanate

I called upgrade motoring, they deal the gc coilovers at 399 a set. they also sell the tokico struts. Im curious as to how they perform and if anybody has any recommendations on their coilovers, or other struts with their coilovers.

This has been discussed many times on this site.....I recommend you do some searchs for additional info. You have to ask yourself what you intend to do with your Z, first off......auto-X, road course, drag race, street car or whatever. Some inserts are designed for particular applications as well as some can handle more abuse under extreme loads (high spring rates and road racing). You also have adjustable shock and ones without adjustment. But, if you want coilovers so you can run wider wheels on your Z and have the ability to adjust your ride hieght easily and intend to use your Z mostly for the street.....then even the non-adjustable Tokico's will work well. I've read that the non-adjustable Tokico shock will not handle the higher rate springs reliably. I have GC coilovers on my 240Z with 200 lbs springs on the front and 275 lbs springs on the rear, with these Tokico inserts, and have had zero problems for 3 years now. However, I mostly drive my Z on weekends but it sometimes becomes a bit spirited if you know what I mean. Anyway, as you can see there are so many variable to consider, far more than I have mentioned. Just don't get discouraged!

Is anybody here using Ground Control coilovers on a 280zx?

If so' date=' what strut cartridges are you using with them and how is the handling?[/quote']

Email Ross Corrigan at Modern-motorsports.com and ask him about the suspension he had on his V8ZX. I think he carries such items as well for ZXs, but make sure...

Davy

I called upgrade motoring, they deal the gc coilovers at 399 a set. they also sell the tokico struts. Im curious as to how they perform and if anybody has any recommendations on their coilovers, or other struts with their coilovers.

Glenn, who owns Upgrade Motoring, is a Z-car guy. He is extremely knowledgeable and can probably answer this question for you quite easily.