HybridZ

Just got off the phone w/G-Force Transmissions...

Jersey

Hey guys. Just got off the phone w/Bubba @ G-Force, talking about building our T5's strong enough to what we're throwing at it. They would build the new tranny using our tailshafts, bells, lid/shiftfork and bearing retainers and bolting it up to a WC case supplied by them and their stronger gearset . All total would be approx $1600. I asked if i sent him 5 or maybe even 10 of these trans's to do for us, if he would discount the price but he said "maybe 5-6%" which works out to be around $80-90. IMHO, it's not really worth trying to get everyone together for that little bit of savings. I thought he would want to do something better for us but i guess not. Tell you the truth, it didn't even sound like he was enthusiastic about doing it to begin with so, i'll probably just contact Tim's guy or figure out something on my own. Just wanted to give all that are interested a heads up. I have a buddy that's been doing trans's for 18 years so, if i could figure out what year WC case to get and where to get the gearset they're using, i'd just have him do the 2 i have now that have stripped 3rd gears. Tim, if you're reading, would you or the guy that did your T5 share some info on what to use? If not, i'd understand.

6speed?

Very interesting.

Im starting to think 1600 isnt bad for the trans upgrade to the newer t5 internals. I went to the junkyard and confirmed one of my worst suspicions- I found two zx's with junkyard trannies in them, its bad enough that the newest trans to go behind an L motor short of the options listed above is 22years old and most likely unrebuilt, but now the junkyard trannies are coming back to the junkyard....