HybridZ

Whats with the cam spray bar?!?

datsunlover

Well I do take care of my vehicles fairly well, and always pay attention to temp, oil presure guages and ect. When we tore down the engine, my builder asked me if I drove it much last year.. ?!? I told him yah, I drove the HELL out of it for 5 months! I thought about it, and I did 3 oil changes in that time; first one the first day I fired it up cause the oil was BLACK, and about a month later, as some residual 'gunk' had blackened the new oil. About a month before I took it off the road for winter, I checked the oil (had a few leaks, needed a little top up every few weeks) smelled like fuel so I did another change. (the head was toast btw, valve seals leaking, valves looked awefull)

Anyway, evrything was nice and clean in the bottom end, and my builder figures it's a very low milage rebuild. IE; I most likely put more miles on it last year, than the previous owner probly put on in the last 10 years! He said ussualy, he'd be woried about just using this short block, but he knows I've driven it, it was still running when pulled, and when it;'s back together, I'll be 'on top of things' as far as overheating, and oil changes. From what he's found out, I'll probly be fine with just the internal oiling, as I mostly just drive on the street and will have a brand new oil pump to boot.