HybridZ

Wheel cleaning

What's up Owen, how are you my man?

What kind of wheels do you have? Steel? Aluminum? This is what I did for my aluminum wheels:

1/Tape the lip of each wheel with heavy duty duct tape.

2/Take them to a media blasting place to have them blast all of the junks in the center and the back of the wheels.

3/Clean them up again with a steel pad and some laquer thinner.

4/Use Eagle1 aluminum wheel Etching solution (from Pep Boys)

5/Polish the lips of the wheels.

6/Tape the polished area and paint the wheels with Duplicolor Wheel paint (from AutoZone).

7/Put a layer or two of Duplicolor Wheel paint Clear coat (also from AutoZone).

Good luck Owen,

Huy

Hey Huy,

Thanks! I wanted to avoid blasting but I guess it would be easier than scrubbing with ultra strong chemicals. I don't know about the etching solution on the aluminum wheels though.

A good clear is definitely in order after everything is done, I've also heard of using PAM or some sort of oily susbstance to prevent brake dust from embedding itself into the wheel again.

I think I'll try the Flitz paste and orange ball as I need to do part of the face of the wheels as well.

Owen

Thanks for the link. I'm selling cuz I want to do something different' date=' there's no where to drive here in So.Cal so all my fun involves building/making/etc.

Interested???

Owen[/quote']

Thanks for the reply, i was just curious and i'm pretty sure i can't afford your set up. Good luck.