HybridZ

need piston source - courtesy on backorder

heavy85

I read through the old posts and still can't seem to find any. I need oversized pistons and do not want to spend $$ on nor do I need forged ones. Just talked with Courtesy Nissan and the 0.5 mm overbore ones are NLA and the 1mm overbore ones are on back-order. I dont trust the VB ones since they are so cheap.

Is there any source for a good quality oversized (0.5 or 1 mm) pistons?

Thanks

Cameron

contact Les Cannaday at Classic Datsun 760-940-6365

He should be able to help you.

No dice - he can't even get them.

Now dished pistons are available it's just the flattops that are not available - so is there anyway to use dished pistons in a N/A application (F54 / shaved P79) ? Maybe L24 rods to get the compression back up but then would it be too tall and hit the head and / or valves? Still trying to find another used block that doesn't need boring but not having luck so far - anyone in central Illinois looking to get rid of a F54 block that can use standard pistons please shout out - so I'm trying to figure out other ways of getting this engine together without having to resort to forged pistons.

Thanks

Cameron

Try NPR (Nippon Piston Rings) in CA. that's who we used to get them from.

We got a set about 6 months ago. Also look for Topline. In truth their's are probably NPR just reboxed.

If you have no luck at all with these 2 Try a Beck Arnley warehouse these will be the NPR.

good luck

Luigi