HybridZ

The Pathfinder Lives!

GrayZee

Just wanted to give Y'all a update on my turbo swap. I got the Vg30et in the Pathfinder and got it running with a turbo ECU and a intake manifold from a 90's Truck. It's not actually turbo-charged yet as we still need to finish up the exhaust manifolds and make a custom exhaust and air intake. For now it's still running on the original exhaust. Next week the the Pathy is going into "paint-jail" and we plan to do some work on it during the weekends (my buddy owns the body-shop) Anyway, the swap is well underway as most of the hard stuff is done.

I've not been following your swap. Do the stock turbo manifolds not fit with the 4WD or in the chassis? I've heard the VG30's are strong engines. Good luck.

No, the stock exhaust manifolds are nowhere near being able to fit. If you look at a 300zx it has a crossover pipe that connects the two manifolds. The crossover runs over the top of the tranny. In the truck/suv chassis the engine is mounted far too close to the firewall. In fact even the 300zx upper intake manifold would not fit. I had to swap the intake in favor of a 90's truck intake. My original Pathfinder manifold was not a option as the 80's Pathfinders still used a throttle body style injection system.