HybridZ

how to hook-up 260z gauges to L28ET

260ZRED

What is the easiest way of hooking up my 74 L26 water temperature gauge and the oil pressure gauge to the 82 turbo motor?

Or would I be better off just junkying the old gauges (they worked fine before tho) and buying aftermarket???

The old engine (L26) is gone so I can't just look at what sender it had nor do I have the wireing schematic for the L26, just the L28ET..

thanks for any help or suggestions.

Don't even need to do that!

The temp sensor for the gauge on the turbo is the EXACT SAME UNIT as on the 240 and the 260Z! The oil pressure gauge might require a sensor, but if you get the right terminal on the two-pronged sender unit for the turbo, it will read the same. You just need to alter the stock wiring harness with a standard 0.250" Female Spade Connetor to fit on the terminal on the turbo sender. One is a switch to ground, the other is the sender on the turbo...

I have no harness (its a mess), but I am trying to connect gauges so they work..

You are saying just take the water temp. gauge and connect to water temp sender (it is on the water house going to heater core, right?)

same thing for oil except change connectors from spade to bullet connectors?

thanks for your time.