HybridZ

car wont start

Guest greenrst

Guest greenrst

i have a 280zx 2+2 and i put a new engine in it non turbo but anyway my problem is it wont start when engine is cold but for some reason if i put a heat gun and warm up the thermosthat housing it starts after i let it run for a while i can shut it down and restart again but if the engine cools down here we go again i cant figure it out also my engine temp guage not working noticed a missing wire on thermosthat please help out newbie sorry about spelling

First of all, if you replaced the engne, make absolutly sure ALL of the wiring/electrical is hooked up and in good shape. When it's cold, does it sputter and try to start, or just crank over? Maybe something with the cold start 'thermo time' sensor (one of the sensors in the thermostate housing) is screwy, and the ecu doesn't add engouh fuel when cold? As for the temp guage not working, that's probly your missing wire causing that. I'm assuming it just broken off at the sensor..

• 3 weeks later...