HybridZ

What's that hose...

Guest glaureglin

Guest glaureglin

...that runs from the bottom of the stock '78 Intake Manifold to an outlet on the (looking towards the front of the car from the drivers side) left side of the engine?

It looks like it has two different sized ends. I need a new one (old one deteriorated), and have NO idea what it's for, if I need it, or where to get one...

Guest 73Turbo240z

it it's the PCV hose he mentioned before, it stands for positive crank ventalation... it vents the buildup of combustion pressure that can develop in your crank case from blow by on the pistons, it also keeps you from blowing seals out and thus leaking your fluids all over. Definately a good thing to keep cleaned and in proper operation.

Some people put breathers on them and let them vent to atmosphere, but i recommend you just replace the hose as it is in there now, leave it hooked up, it will reduce the any smells your car puts off, and it's better for the enviroment i'm sure.

dealers stiil can order these parts and they arent to expensive.some states like california require these parts for smog test.which isnt bad because nissan will stock them in the warehouse if they sell them.i just ordered a new oem pcv hose for my turboz because i dont like cobbled up stuff.

• 2 years later...