HybridZ

Any Pittsburgh area hybrids?

JohnG

Tom,

I never thought of the Pgh. Vintage Car races, but your idea's a good one. At least all of us hybridZ guys could meet each other. July 20 at Schenley Park, right? On the grass.

A 383 is a super choice for an engine. But why not a 406...same size, same weight, 6% more cubes, more torque (all else being equal), and does NOT overheat if cooled properly. Use the 5.7" rods out of a 350, not the shorter 400 rods. Good 400 blocks are disappearing fast, though.

--JohnG

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

Hey Pittsburgh Hybrids (and anyone else who wants to make the trip)

What do you say about using the Pittsburgh Vintage as a first meeting of the Hybrids? This way nobody has to host it, and there is built in entertainment and a nice big area to display the cars. If you dont know about the Pittsburgh Vintage GP, heres a link.

http://www.pittsburghvintagegrandprix.com/

heres a link about how to display your car

http://www.pittsburghvintagegrandprix.com/html/car_show.html

From what I have been told, its about $10.00 to display on the golf course, dont worry too much about what the car looks like, there are some rough cars there.

The vintage is a great time, and saturdays car show is perhaps the best day. The race is run through Schenly park, and the car show is held on the golf course right in the park. There are food booths, etc.

The $10 bucks to park is actually a bargain, if you try to park on the local streets you will have to park so far away you burn that much in shoe rubber ;)

I will be there anyway, but my z is not running right now.

What do you think?

Tom

PS should someone put together an email list of a all potential pitt hybrids?

I PVGP is a lot off fun I was ther a few years ago with the rx-7 club you DEFANITLY want to park on the hill as the walk from Pitts upper campus is a hike PS bring WATER the sun can be a DEATH TOOL I have a 10x14 canapy the wife bought me for shade at car shows I'll bring it for some relief Hope to see a bunch of you My car wont be there But I will Keith

Guest Perry

Count me in for the Pittsburgh grand prix. No the car won't be ready by then unless a miracle happens, but I will be there. Maybe we should pick a time to congregate around the cars, I'll suggest noon just to get the ball rolling. If we don't end up parking together maybe a car can be chosen as a meeting place and signs put on the other z cars around to tell us where to go. What do yall think?

Also usually there is a small group of z cars there from the now dormant Pittsburgh Z car club. Maybe we could all park together if they don't mind the hybrids.

Perry

77 280Z, done the turbo already, 350 SBC in progess now.

Guest Perry

Count me in for the Pittsburgh grand prix. No the car won't be ready by then unless a miracle happens, but I will be there. Maybe we should pick a time to congregate around the cars, I'll suggest noon just to get the ball rolling. If we don't end up parking together maybe a car can be chosen as a meeting place and signs put on the other z cars around to tell us where to go. What do yall think?

Also usually there is a small group of z cars there from the now dormant Pittsburgh Z car club. Maybe we could all park together if they don't mind the hybrids.

Perry

77 280Z, done the turbo already, 350 SBC in progess now.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

I will definitely be there, however my car isnt running, so I will only be looking at all of your cars...

It seems we have about 4-6 pittsburgh guys, it would be good to all just meet regardless of how many cars we have there. If you guys are up for it, i will put together the pittsburgh emial list and we can try and coordinate this.

Tom

Guest Anonymous

Guys,

I went back through the thread, the list of pitt area hybrids so far is

JohnG

383 240 z

Duff

StaleDale

Perry

Al Keller

T Hayes(my self)

Some one mentioned meeting at 12:00 noon, we need to pick a spot though. The idea of hooking up with the z club sounds good, i have no contact info for those guys though.

If anyones interested, send me your email at tjhayes1@yahoo.com and I can put a list together.

(Or we can just coordinate thorough the forum)

T

T

Well, I'm pre-registering today for the weekend. I'll have my '71 red 240Z Hybrid parked in the Japanese car section. Hope we can all get together somewhere at noon on Saturday. Looking forward to it.

--JohnG

Guest Anonymous

Sorry about the mis-post...

John

That sounds like a plan, I cant believe the japanese car section will be that big, so why dont we just meet at your red 240 hybrid, and go from there? I will see you there at 12:00.

Tom

When I registered, they told me they'd be parking me in the Japanese car section, whatever that is. I plan to get there early.

Looking forward to meeting you, Tom.

How about you other western Pa, eastern Ohio, northern Md. hybrid guys?

JohnG

I'm planning on having my Hybrid RX-7 there this will upset the "purist" rotory club I still belong to but will be looking forward to meeting many of you I will bring my canopy to help give us some shade how many "running" z will be there? Keith

Guest comeandzpa

OK, i wish that i had found this post earlier..... I live in Johnstown, 75 miles east of pitt. I am DYING to find other z-car owners, nobody I know here knows anything about them. I will def. try to be at the show w/ my 81 N/A, and it actually RUNS, since I'm not a SLACKER!! (j/k about the slacker thing..... I am VERY jealous of those of you *cough cough--PETE* who have the time and money to turn your z into something awesome). Anyway....If my dad can go w/ me or doesnt care if I go alone (I am only 16) then I should be there. I gather that I should just enter my car to save the parking debacle?

Hey Comeandzpa,

Hope you can make it. To enter/register your car will cost $20 this year, but you get both days for that plus a program and dash plaque.

You sure are correct about it taking beaucoups money and time, and, I should add, passion and determination, to properly "complete" a hybrid Z. They are never actually complete as any of us will admit. There's always something more you need or want, but that first day you drive it makes it all worthwhile. True supercar performance.

Z-ya there!!!

--JohnG

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

Great meeting you guys this weekend, sorry we couldnt hang out longer. John, beautiful car, my buddies were very impressed! When i first told them my plans for the Z, they were very negative, thought I should keep it stock. After seeing yours, they were converts.

I should have asked you to start it up though, I would have liked to hear it.

Did more people show up later? Even so, its still good to start meeting the pittsburgh area people to get this going.

Lets try and keep in touch, maybe find an exscuse to get together again.

Tom Hayes

Guest Russ83ZXna

I wish I was there earlier. because when I got there it was 2pm on sunday and I only saw 4 Z's total. not to many people left. confused2.gifugg.gif maybe there will be a meet sometime before next year.