HybridZ

Turbo or Supercharger

Guest Nemesis280ZX

That's really a question of personal preference. I have had both turbocharged and supercharged cars and I would take a supercharged car over turbo these days. That's my current preference. Superchargers are common on 302's and there is a lot of tech on them while turbos are less common. The cost of the supercharger kits for the 302's are generally also lower than current turbo kits....and then there's heat, pipe routing and packagine to deal with. All things to consider....

Josh

PS-I sure do love my Paxton powered car!

For the street and limited racing I like the twin screw superchargers manufactured by companies like Kenne Bell at http://www.kennebell.net and Whipple Industries at http://www.whipplesuperchargers.com. Both companies sell turn-key kits, both foreign and domestic. I really like the Kenne Bell BlowZilla kit for the 5.0, you gotta love 675hp on a stock motor!

Mark

Guest Naked Raygun

I'd go with a turbocharger....It's a lot cheaper to DIY and use jy turbos in nice shape.

Flip headers...weld a t3 flange to both get 42lb injectors and a matching Pro-M MAF sensor. No IC is required.

Have fun with the downpipes and burning wires if not moved porperly though.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with raygun you can do a diy or jy turbo with 15 psi for 700-1000 where is a 15psi vortech or paxton or ati is around 4000 If the cost were less i`d go supercharged due to low headaches but its not, so im going to have to keep exedrine migraine handy :)

Chad

turboes are way more efficient than superchargers so therefore have a lot more potential for power output. s/c's require quite a bit of power to make the power whereas a turbo takes much less power to make some... they're definitely the way to go. if only they were allowed in the top drag racing events to show how good they really are... gotta love companies handing money to people under the table :rolleyes: