HybridZ

Racer X - Lip Roll Question

Have you a method of indexing the arch or lip so that it coincides with the wheel's axle (the suspension appears to be completely removed at this time)? I remember the sickening position I was in when I cut my wheel opening, only to find the wheel arch was not centered on the wheel (I'm a perfectionist, and this absolutely killed me). Then as I went through the process of insuring a perfect centering I found that the left and right side were not symetrical, and then ride height (arms were not correctly "set" as I at first thought they were) came into question, and then blaa, blaa, blaa. Anyway, I know it's a PITA to put it all back together again, but the suspension really needs to be in the car to center it correctly (if no other provisions have been made to index the wheel arch).

Otherwise, the job looks like it's going very well, so keep up the good work.

Terry,

That is my intention. I am currently purchasing my suspension components. After which, I will put the car down, adjust the suspension and finish the lip from there. The reason I wanted to know the diameter of your rear wheel is so i can cut a templete circle (23.5") :icon44: and see how much (approx) I will need to add later on. I am contemplating a couple of different options for the lip, and want the visual reference for my day-dreaming.:twak:

RacerX,

Thanks for the input!! Greatly appreciated!