HybridZ

S12W information?

Could someone who has done the S12W swap (4x4 toyo calipers i belive) tell me what is needed? I know you obviously need the 4x4 callipers but do you need a spacer? and if so how wide? What rotors can you use with this calliper? and is the stock master cylinder sufficent if you are running a 240z with these and upgraded maxima rear diisc conversion? thanks!

Rudy...

Pleeeeeeeeeze use the search function. Man, you have got 4 years worth of information on this site and great brake info too! Try searching first and then ask the question if you absolutely get nothing. Ok? Peace.

Davy

I just did the swap myself. You need the S12W calipers, 1984 300 ZX 4 lug vented rotors and spacers. I purchased spacers from Ross at Modern Motorsport as I did not want to mess around and have to build my own.

Ross Is great to deal with and the pieces I purchased from him were great! I had also purchased the rear brackets from him as well. I used a new 15/16" 280 ZX master cylinder to go with the brake upgrade.

Mike

If the callipers bolt right on, whats the point in buying the typical 4x4 conversion, just wondering? Have you drivent he setup yet witht he 28 0zx master cylinder, and does the master cylinder bolt right in the same place/size as the old 240z one?

what Ross calls a "ypical 4x4 conversion"will not bolt onto stock rotors

His kit is setup to work with the vented 300zx rotor and all his parts are pretty much top notch

If you want a 4 piston brake with stock rotors you want 79-85 toyota calipers, which specific model of truck I forgot. I did this conversion four years ago with metal master brake pads, and I had no trouble stopping on the street. The vented setup works better with repeated stopping.