HybridZ

Rb20det or Sr20det Intercooler on l20et. What one?

At the moment I have two facotry intercoolers that i got off a new zealand auction website (http://www.trademe.co.nz).

What one would you guys recommend putting onto my L20et? It has no intercooler at the moment so Ill need to do some plumbing too (what do I use? Mandrel Bent Pipes?) also how do i set it up. Does anyone have pics or diagrams of intercooler setups on L series motors?

Thanks,

George

Not at all. I 'd guess that it would take about 3 or 4 of them to equal the displacement of a 600x300x76 FMIC!

Turbo lag is much more a function of turbo wheel sizes & exhaust flow than intake ducting displacement.

What you're after is an efficient surface area with minimal pressure drop. Of course the smaller package you can use to achieve this the better. For an L20AET, I'd expect that a 400x300 bar & plate cooler would be more than enough to keep the charge cool. Upgrading your turbo to a BB core unit similar in size to the RB20DET would assist in this area too. You may not pick up much power, but you'll get better response & your temperatures will be lower. Which means that your boost could be safely raised further (tuning permitting).

well i sold the sr20det intercooler today for twice as much as i paid for it so I could afford to get piping done on the rb20det intercooler.

i wasnt really after a power gain just a better take off response which apparently this upgrade will help with. plus i have a bov on the way which should help things out a little bit too