HybridZ

No idle

Guest ken280zx

Guest ken280zx

I bought an 82 turbo 2+2 that didn't run for two years. Once I got it home I drain the oil( that was ugly). I drained the radiator. I pulled the injectors and had them cleaned and tested. Pulled off the fuel filter and let as much of the gas drain from the tank. I finally got the oil filter off. put oil in each of the cylinders and put new plus in. New cleaned injectors ,new gas ,oil,checked the spark plug wires to make sure they where in the right order. vaccum hoses look good. Put new starter on and got her to run. Some smoke at first but thats to be excepted. The problem that I am having is that it well not idle. The second I take my foot off the gas it dies. Other wise it runs good. ????

Ken

Kinda hard to diagnose without a little more info... when you keep your foot on the gas, does it run well? Or sputter and bog? Does it do it when cold AND warm? Can you drive the car around at all? First thing's I would check are ALL the wiring conections to the AFM, TPS, cold start valve, ect.

Guest ken280zx

Yes it runs good. Can't drive it though because its an automatic and like I sasid the second I take my foot off the pedal it dies. This morning I started it and it did idle but with in a few minutes ( alittle warm up) it died. It does run smooth when I keep the RPM's up say around 1000 or so and when I do rev it up it sounds good. ken