HybridZ

Just called my apartment manager for maintenance request

auxilary

yeah' date=' but the difference is that you own a house. I spend over a grand every month to live in a shithole.

*goes back to searching for new apartments*[/quote']

Maybe you should stop spending all your money on your Z and buy a house? Just a thought. Then you can get to know all your local Home-Depot sales asociates on a first name basis! ;)

LOL, just as long as you realize that a 2 bedroom 2.5 bath townhouse (share walls, you know, with other townhouses) with a garage in northern california costs between 380-500k (yes, five hundred thousand) US dollars.

This maybe a stupid question but, does the pay reflect the living cost?

Somehow I dought it.

Well you know Aux the choice is always yours, you don't have to live in the Bay Area. If I remember correctly you're a network admin/computer geek which means you can find a job pretty much anywhere in the country. There are plenty of places you could live where the cost of living is low enough that you would be able to afford a house and have money left over to spend on your Z and other investments.

Wheelman

silicon valley boom ended, high paying careers dropped, housing cost keeps going up. Loan offices right now do 0% down interest only loan just so people can buy houses here. Not a good idea

Long story short: if you want to own a house here you either get loan sharked or you have to live practically free to save up all your money. Most wind up buying houses 60-100 miles from their work places out in the boonies like modesto, stockton, tracy, etc. Then they endure spending 3 hours in traffic a day, but the housing is much cheaper. Now all the "boonie" towns are becoming developed and less problematic

Downside is that the housing there also goes up in price. Good investment though'

wheelman: sorry, but computer geek jobs are out...there's too many of us and not enough positions. I'm actually thinking of going to school for something else, like metal/welding/machine fab, etc.

yeah' date=' but you know... That implies I have to live in canada. I like wearing shorts year round, not remember what snow feels like, and never have to put "winter" tires on my car :D

plus they don't allow guns[/quote']

Interesting perception, or are you being sarcastic?