HybridZ

Need paint? Check this out: let's split a gallon!

Guest Magnum Rockwilder

Guest Magnum Rockwilder

Check out Alsa's paint at the link below, and let me know if you want to split a gallon with me (1/2 gallon will paint a full car). It would normally cost $125 shipped if you bought 2 quarts, but I'll buy a gallon and send you half for $100 shipped.

Here are the colors... I'm specifically wanting Titanium Grey and Radical Red.

http://alsacorp.com/products/stylin/stylin_show.htm

Guest Magnum Rockwilder
Is there something special about this particular paint? IMO it looks like the standard metalflake paint. Just curious.

It has heavier flake than OEM paint, so it looks better on curvy bodies, and it's extremely high quality paint that covers well in 2 wet coats... and lasts.

It's good stuff.

Guest rick458

I would like to use the Deep blue basecoat with Purple Candy Concentrate

for a purpleish very dark blue candy effect and run a pearl white wide racing stripe down the center, I'm thinking that would be fairly classy.

Guest Magnum Rockwilder
Do you happen to know how their Chrome finished look? I was thinking about trying it for my bumpers. Do you know how any of it holds up to the elements' date=' if used on a Daily Driver?

Thanks,

Joshua[/quote']

I've done a test spray of the chrome. It was tedious to prep because the surface has to be 100% slick as glass, and you have to spray it OVER a fully cured and wetsanded clearcoat. Mine came out well, but the prepwork convinced me that it's better to have the metal chromed if possible. You can probably have both bumpers chromed for about $300.

Guest Magnum Rockwilder
I would like to use the Deep blue basecoat with Purple Candy Concentrate

for a purpleish very dark blue candy effect and run a pearl white wide racing stripe down the center' date=' I'm thinking that would be fairly classy.[/quote']

Sounds like a winner. If and whn you're ready to order, let me know and I'll sell you a 1/2 gallon of dark blue for $100 shipped. I've already found a buyer for Aqua Blue, and I'm looking for Titanium and Radical red.

I'm open to other colors as well, but I'm mostly wanting those two.

Guest Magnum Rockwilder
Is there something special about this particular paint? IMO it looks like the standard metalflake paint. Just curious.

From AlsaCorp.com:

Q. What makes Alsa's Stylin Basecoats better than the competition?

A. With Alsa's Stylin Basecoats you have twice the amount of pigments and metallics allowing you coverage in half the time with less material.

Guest rick458

Have you used any of the concentrates? any tricks to them

and how difficult is the stylin basecoat to shoot

(I am a real noob to shootin)

Guest Magnum Rockwilder

I haven't used any of their candy concentrates, but I would assume that it's difficult to spray without getting streaks and spotting. The clearcoats would have to be perfectly even for the appearance to be uniform. If you're good at spraying clearcoat without runs or other heavy spots, you should be okay. If not, I would recommend that instead you add a dry pearl to the first clearcoat and mist it on, then follow with the usual wet coats. You can get purple or red pearl to give your paint a purplish tint off Ebay for cheap.

The basecoat is easy to spray. It covers so well that you can spray it a little dry to avoid streaks.

Guest Magnum Rockwilder

The flake is larger than factory metallic, but not truly "metalflake". It has enough size to enhance contours without being too large and being tacky. The main thing about the paint is the depth of color, and the different shades within. It really sets off the curves.

baseprp.jpg