HybridZ

Idle 1700rpm...Don't know what to try next? HELP

jmark06

Hi guys. I've been looking at this sight for about a year and this is my first post. I'm pretty desperate. I have a stock 1977 280Z that I got for 500 bucks in November. It wasn't running but my Dad got it going (I was out of town when he bought it) and it ran ok. We replaced the fuel line, injectors, and almost all the hoses. I think all the vaccum lines are hooked up and everything. After we swapped the injectors and hoses it idled at 1700rpm. It didn't seem that high before. The idle screw was already all the way in. I've searched and everyone suggested the BCDD valve, but I've tightened and loosened it about as far as it will go with no effect. The throttle is not stuck. Pinching the hose to the axilluary valve does nothing. I've tested all the computer components and they check out. No leak at the dipstick or PCV. I tightened all the injectors really tight. I don't know what else to do. could be AFM? I don't know. I want to do a turbo swap eventually so I don't want to spend a lot trying to get this guy perfect. But I'm getting terrible gas miliage and my shifter's getting real notchy so I need to do something. Any ideas would be great!! Thanks. Oh yeah the metal pipe going from the exhaust to the EGR valve is snapped off but the EGR isn't hooked to the throttle which is plugged off. Maybe this could be it???

you can spray carb cleaner around the intake manifold while the engine is on and where there is a leak you will notice a difference in idle speed. That will help you pin down a vacuum leak. I'm leaning toward something with the egr.

-Oliver