HybridZ

R200 rebuild torque settings

BlackBeaut

Hi folks,

I'm in the process of swapping an lsd in to an R200, any guidelines on the torque settings for the ring gear bolts (10mm) and the bearing cap bolts. BTW would I be right in guessing that some form of thread locking glue is used on the ring gear bolts? They were an absolute pita to undo and there seems to be some residue in the bolt holes.

Cheers,

Rob

Well the FSM for the R200 LSD in the '87 Z31 Turbo indicates around 110 ft-lbs. for the ring gear bolts. I don't have the manual handy but the carrier to housing bolts are a bit less than that - somewhere around 70 - 85 lbs. if memory serves me right. This is for the 12mm. bolts so I don't know whether the 10mm. bolts are the same. The FSM also says to locktite the ring gear to the carrier and the ring gear bolts with red or threadlocker. When tightening the ring gear bolts down, do it in stages odf 70/90/110 in a criss-cross fashion to reduce any chance of warping.