HybridZ

My plans for the 280ZX (opinions please)

z_cars_rule

Hi everyone.

I have been reading the forums for a few years now and i thought that i might post what i have planned for next year.

I have:

1981 280ZX 2+2 NA 5 spd

planning:

full rebuild including:

-new crank, cam, etc bearing

-spot peened and balanced crank and rods

-0.060 overbore JE forged pistons with 10.9cc dish

-custom stainless manifolds

-stainless exauhst system with 2.5" DP and 3" system

-biggest/most efficient IC w/custom piping

-Stand alone ECU using MAP sensors

-around 450cc - 550 cc injectors

-rebuild g'box

-LSD

-around a T04E-50 with external waste gate

-mild head work with cam

I am looking at running 2 different programs which will allow for different timing advance curves and boost pressures for normal and fun driving.

I would like to see around 400fwhp reliably. This car is just for me to have fun in.

And yes i realise that i could do a V8 conversion or a more street friendly car for what this will cost me but i just love the feeling of a big turbo spooling.

Have i forgotten anything motor wise? I am obviouly going to upgrade the suspension and wheels and maybe a roll cage.

Looks like a very good combo! But wow...that set-up is going to cost you some buxx!

Hope the income tax return is good this year.

Yasin

Yeah I do realise that this is not the cheapest way of doing things, but because I live in Australia we didnt get the turbo version over here so I have to do it on my own.

I should be able to cut down on some costs because my mate owns a workshop and we will be doing the overboring and cylinder head work there for a very low price but he is reliable (I have helped him with several tough street machines). Another mate of mine has a Dyno at his workshop so I can tune it easily

My main costs will be buying the Turbo, ECU and pistons, everything else is not too bad cost wise.

Thanks for the replies and keep em coming.

P.S. What do you all think would be the most I could get out of this motor combo running 98 RON fuel?