HybridZ

Fender swap

quickdraw

First, I am brand new to the site. I have had my 280Z for about three years now and I am now able to afford the hobby. So here I am.

I coudn't find fender swapping mentioned elsewhere in this forum. Will the 240 z fenders fit a 280? Also, I did read on Classic Z that the doors will not swap. Is this true?

Thanks,

Tanner

the fenders will swap but the 240 fenders are a little different. The 240 fenders will not have the holes tapped for the inner mud/splash guard that some 280z's have. That thing is junk anyways so trash it anyways. But the 240 fenders will work. And you are correct, 240 doors will not swap onto a 280z. Hope that helps

When I got my 280z, the guy gave it to me because he was moving. It was a mess.I guess he got in an accident and the original dor got trashed, the rest of the car was ok though. He re place the door with a door from a 240z or a early 260z, he made it fit. Because of that and the guy driving it in the winter (Alaska) the weather strip never sealed properly and cause all kinds of rust problems.

Yes the doors are stronger but not thicker or longer. as far as the door skin and hinges go, then are the same, but the inner mechanics and latch design are different as well as the lip for the weather stripping for the doors.

I believe there are 3 door designs, but not sure.