HybridZ

Antioch CA Z owners?

JoeinCA

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly had a great time.

Especially since i got to take a ride in Jumbo240z's car... It is definetly a very sweet, and very fast car.

It was great to meet some of you guys and get to talk...

oh, that reminds me i need to e-mail jumbo...

Seeya later,

Joe

Guest Anonymous

It was nice to see the local yokals! JoeinCA thanks for the insurance pics.

By the way, I may have jumped the gun, but I found a 240 with an intact rear, got both of the tail lights and the surrounds. The lenses are better than the originals but the chrome strips are bad (oh well paint again).

Donna you know what I like! I think a track day (Sat night at Sac?) would be cool 2thumbs.gif

OH SHOOT! twak.gif Dan I keep forgetting about that dang seat. The past week was a busy one that took me to Custom Alignment in Mountain View (they are pros...good news is the chassis is arrow straight, important to me since I questioned repair work done by a previous owner, and my camber/toe/caster etc is set), had my exhaust redone by a pro, got new fuel pump and added a fuel-return style regulator so I needed a 3/8 fuel return line (major pain, note to self, install a driveshaft loop), moved the fuel filter to the rear, and made some more strut braces bonk.gif ... but the car is better for it! 2thumbs.gif

I should pay you for storage! Sorry, I'll email you, again. twak.gif

Jon

Guest gprix1

Hey Jon,

I want to run a return style regulator on my carburated (reworked Holley 750 DP) Z. I haven't really made a serious effort to find the correct regulator but what I have seen so far has been for fuel injection applications only and the ones made for carb's have always been the non-return type. What regulator did you go with?

- Rick

Guest Anonymous

Rick, I got a Mallory "Three Port" regulator ($70.00). It is for a 3--50 psi range. I think the "Two Port is the same (return-style) but I got the "three" so I could hook-up a pressure gauge. I think Summit carries them too.

I'm unsure of the quality but so far it's working fine. It has a vacuum port so you can have the fuel pressure increase with boost/vacuum demand. I didn't hook that up on mine but it's an option to consider. Otherwise any return regulator that'll let you get the pressure down to carb spec would work.

Jon

Guest gprix1

Thanks Jon,

I hope to see you at the next meet. I have a SubtleZ cowl hood which has openings for vents ('77-'78 style??) and I really want to take a closer look at how you made those louvers for your hood.

- Rick