HybridZ

Anyone thought about a big-block?

Guest Battle Pope

All I can tell you is it should fit. I'm planning on puttung my 98 4.6 DOHC Cobra engine in my girlfriends 240 and it is about 2 inches wider than my 460.

It may never be a road racer but with aluminum heads and intake and a 5-speed it should be OK. As far back as the engine is set back in a Z, it might be a fairly decent balaned car. It will definately be fun! You will want to look into some sort of 8.8 or 9" solid axle or an 8.8 IRS. I'm going to try to run a 8.8" ford IRS center section since I'm familiar with it from my Factory Five cobra build up and it will be cheaper/simpler to upgrade the gears and diff.

You can dress up the 460. Here's a shot of my 460 during the build up of my FFR. It has Edelbrock al. heads,March serpentine pulleys, hyd. roller cam, a Tremec TKO 5-speed, and "stack" EFI. This would look great under the hood of a Z! DSC01231_2.jpg

Guest 305240

LazyC. Man, that should haul a few carrots. With all that torque, better figure on going with a narrowed 9" Ford. I think plenty of chassy work would also be in the works. But man, just think of the torque! I got this pretty solid 260 just settin around......

Yeah it was built and dynod back in '89 by Hendrens machine shop back when the team was local.

It was built for use in a big F250 twuck that was intended to haul a heavy

log trailer about.

It also made a 3 ton '76 Thunderbird move around... noisily :)

No idea how much the thing weighs though. DOVEC heads with lotsa port work

done and some sort of aluminummy intake.

Remember it did not rev very high.

Gotta get rid of a few projects first.

71 Ranchero GT 351C 4v shaker-hood richmond 4+1 tranny Currie/trutrack rear

plus lots nifty stuff... For sale, make offer.

Also my 81 280zx with the chevy 350 turbocharger setup should go.

69 Cougar for sale as well 351c

- hitman47 has been scarce last couple weeks and

has not called me back about it :(

website cyril.com